The ancient mythology presented us to all kinds of fabulous creatures and beasts.
The Greek, Egyptian, and Persian mythologies introduced many of these fantastic creatures and produced some of the most fascinating tales.
Besides numerous deities and gods, the ancient Greek folklore also suggested the existence of many legendary creatures.
Many of those mythological monsters are hybrids, sometimes part-human or a combination of multiple animals.
The folklore tells us that these creatures possessed special powers like fire breathing, hypnosis, madness induction, superhuman strength, the ability to turn people into stone, and so on.
A few of the most popular creatures of Greek mythology are:
- Cerberus - also known as the hound of Hades is a multi-headed dog that watches the gates of the Underworld.
- Medusa - depicted as a winged human female with venomous snakes instead of her hair. She could turn anyone who looked at her face into stone.
- Minotaur - a beast with superhuman strength portrayed as part man and part bull.
- Cyclopes - giant one-eyed creatures.
- Centaur - a creature with the upper body of a human and the lower body of a horse.
- Hydra - was a serpent-like monster with many heads who would regrow and multiply if cut.
- Chimera - a fire-breathing creature resembling a lion in the forepart, a goat in the midst, and a dragon behind.
- Pegasus - a mythical winged divine horse.
- Griffin - a legendary creature with the head and wings of an eagle and the body of a lion which was usually described as guarding gold treasures.
These are only a few of the most popular mythological beasts, but there are many other fabulous creatures that appear in the Greek tales and folklore.
Greek mythology usually describes these creatures as living in very distant places or guarding certain treasures, gates, or extremely valuable items.
Some of these monstrosities were actually the sons of various deities or kings or the result of their infidelity and infatuation.
We could talk all day about Greek mythology, gods, and the legendary creatures that these refer to, but that's not our purpose.
Since now you know a few things about the legendary creatures of this fascinating mythology, are you ready to take a fun personality quiz and find out which Greek mythological creature are you?
We have created a fun quiz that will determine which mythical beast you relate the most with based on your personality, preferences, and behavior.
The rules of the game are simple. Just answer all the questions as sincerely as possible and at the end of the quiz, we'll reveal the result. There is no time limit so take all the time you need.
Are you ready?
Just click on the "Start Quiz" button below to begin the quiz.